The first purpose built, 100% Electric School Bus
The Synapse is constructed with a monocoque chassis, which is an integrated build, rather than a body on frame construction. Advantages include increased safety, range performance, reliability, and durability.
Available in 32',72' and 90'
- Higher safety due to stiffness provided by the exterior shell of the vehicle.
- Synapse’s chassis is built to be the strongest, safest and most durable product on the market with a 10-year structural warranty and 25-year life expectancy.
- Improved stability due to better weight distribution, avoiding central weight distribution seen in ladder chassis vehicles. This is particularly important for battery placement in electric buses.
- Increased space of the Synapse construct allows for a larger battery pack, and enables higher range performance.
- 102” width means more aisle space
- Passenger Capacity: Synapse 90’ accommodates 90 students, 7% higher than non-monocoque electric vehicles of the same size.
- Independent front suspension allows for wheels on the same axle to move vertically which translates to a smooth ride and higher stability.
- ADA Compliant and wheelchair customizable with a full flat floor with floor tracking.
- The Synapse requires a standard J1772 level II charger, which is readily available, inexpensive, and can also be used to charge electric cars in your fleet
- A DC Fast Charger can also be used.
- 100% Clean, no tailpipe emissions
- Lower lifetime cost Vs. diesel: Electric costs significantly less than diesel and fewer moving parts mean maintenance costs can almost be halved
- State grants can lower the cost even further